Saturday, March 1, 2008

I am Wonderwoman!



Okay, maybe not. But I do have superpowers. I knew from a young age that I had the ability to talk to animals, which was later confirmed in an on-line test. A quick google or yahoo search of on-line test + superpower will lead to lots and lots of free tests that will show you your secret (waiting to be unleashed) superpower right now. Of course, they may also want some personal information, so they can email you forever and ever about any other tests that you didn't know you needed to take right this instant!

Since becoming a mom, I have discovered other superpowers that I didn't know that I had. Like my superfast reflexes for catching things (food, toys, drinks that are ready to spill, open bottles of paint) before they fall off the table, the ability to forsee an accident before it happens, etc. Even more recently, now that my child is into craft-type things, I can no longer fool her with watercolors (who introduced her to 'real' paint?). So it happens that I have discovered I have the amazing power to remove BLACK paint from a LIGHT BROWN carpet. Even after it has dried. I am that good.

However, I do not have the power to transcend the parent-child time continuum of unquantifiable confusion, in that I have yet to be able to explain the term 'mad skillz' to my daughter. She wants to know 1)What they are, exactly; and 2)Where I keep them. If this is your secret superpower, please, come to my rescue!

No comments: